runcoach is a service that provides dynamic training plans based on your activity.
There are many apps that track your running. runcoach is unique in that they have a personalized, real-time training system that provides training as you workout and adjusts to your performance.
- Redesign the mobile experience to highlight the coaching feature of the service
- Track runner activity and provide real-time audio feedback along the way
- Support multiple stage workouts gracefully
- Design was focused on making the workout the main part of the app
- Weekly activity is brought to main screen to emphasize frequency of workouts which drives long term engagement
- Simple concept of workout + single action button
Visual and Interaction Design
Interaction design prototypes
Focused first on data heavy main screen then simplified into one workout and one main button
Some alternative visual design directions. Team decided to bring current site visual design into the app.
Workouts and Running
Workouts have phases that automatically update based on time, pace or distance. Audio cues keep runners on track.
Maps and performance
Schedules and Medals
Within a couple of weeks of launch, the app has seen significant downloads and customer engagement.